We are the Government’s leading body in developing major investment projects and Romania’s “one-stop-shop” for foreign investors under the direct coordination of the Prime Minister, responsible with FDI promotion and attraction in Romania.
Through our excellent expertise we are offering worldwide entrepreneurs a wide range of investor-focused and result-oriented services, in full confidentiality, trust and utter commitment, for making Romania their primary destination of choice in the region.
Our mission is increasing inward FDI by promoting Romania’s business offer internationally and assisting worldwide entrepreneurs in project implementation, including those financed through PPP. We are dedicated to accomplishing our primary responsibility as the one-stop-shop for international companies addressing us for guidance and support. Therefore, we intend to continuously position ourselves as a client-driven organization, exceeding the most demanding expectations. At the same time we are committed in offering highest quality individual solutions, carefully designed to meet even the most exigent demands of foreign companies seeking to achieve excellence in business development.
- Providing general information on legal framework, investment climate, on key business sectors and locations
- Main interface with public authorities (central/local) in project relevant areas
- Supporting companies considering engaging with the Romanian market or developing their current units
- Match-making company’s needs with the local resources and opportunities including identifying local suppliers
- Consultancy and guidance for project implementation during all stages of the decisional process
- Assisting foreign investors with site selection and local contacts
- High quality “after-care” services for companies already present on the domestic market.
Our goals consist in contributing to Romania’s economic resilience and steady growth through influx of capital, know-how and new technologies, as well as creating wealth throughout a more dynamic and friendly approach.
Furthermore, we aim at significantly increasing the number of investment in greenfield projects and expansions in value-added sectors, generating new jobs, spillover effects and regional development. At the same time we are supporting the achievement of a more balanced country development for reducing economic discrepancies between regions.
Foreign Investment Directorate
Phone: +4 021 316 31 29 (int 106/107), Fax: +4 021 316 31 10